Monday 16 June 2014

Karcher Window Vac WV60 review


As Karcher Clean Ambassadors for the year, we've been really enjoying putting some of Karcher's products through their paces here at The Madhouse. So far, we've tried out the K4 Compact Pressure Washer and a steam cleaner and have been suitably wowed by both of them. I must admit though, when the latest product arrived for us to review, I looked at it and thought to myself that it's something I never would have bought in a million years. I couldn't get my head around the concept of a window vac. People have been washing windows for hundreds of years with just a bucket of soapy water and a rag or a sheet of newspaper. Surely this would just be a gimmicky gadget that offered no real improvement ? Well, there was really only one way to find out ... !


I unpacked the box and took an inventory of the contents. There's a handheld vac unit with a scraper-like nozzle attachment, a second attachment with a fluffy microfibre pad attached to it and a charger.


There's also a small 20ml bottle of window detergent and an empty 250ml spray bottle. The first thing to do is empty the detergent in the bottle and fill it up with water.


As I prepared to read the instructions, 12-year-old Sophie said "oh Mum, haven't you seen the adverts on TV ? It's dead easy. Give it here" ! She proceeded to wash the windows while I looked on, flabbergasted ! I must admit, she was right - it really is easy. First, you attach the pad to the detergent spray bottle and pump it a few times to soak the pad before wiping it all over the windows.



Then - and this is the bit that I couldn't get my head around ! - you switch to the window vac and hoover your wet windows ! It sucks up all the water, foam and dirt and leaves you with clean, dry windows in a very short space of time and with very little effort - no polishing needed and the windows are almost streak free. If there are any streaks, just reapply the damp pad and have another go with the window vac and they'll disappear.



Pictures speak louder than words. Here are my grotty kitchen windows before.



And after. This is after one quick go on the inside and one on the outside with no real effort to get them sparkling. I think the results are pretty amazing - you can't really see how clean they are from the photos.


Sophie amazed me by coming to show me the filthy black water that she'd sucked up. Ewww ! This is just from two patio doors and the kitchen windows inside and out.


This video hopefully shows off a bit more how quick and simple it is to use and also how effective (and believe me, that's really not something I thought I was going to say !). It's certainly non an indispensible piece of kit. You can definitely wash your windows without one. However, if you like the sound of clean, shiny windows with no streaks, no aching arms or backache and no wasted afternoons, it's definitely something you should look into buying.

When delivered, it has enough charge for about 20 minutes, in which time Sophie did the kitchen windows and patio doors. She instantly plugged it in the mains to charge, telling me that she'd do the rest when she got home from school the next day and not to do it before she got home because SHE wanted to do it - that's definitely another huge plus point for the Window Vac as far as I'm concerned ! I've also noticed that it can be used on shower doors, mirrors, for removing condensation or for cleaning up spills. That will be very handy the next time I give the dogs a bath and they shake water everywhere ! It will also be great for sucking up splashed water from the kids' paddling pool on the patio this summer so that they don't slip over.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £79.99

for more information : http://www.karcher.co.uk/

Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Viakal Challenge : The Kitchen Taps !

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea that it can be used for removing condensation, which we have on some of our single glazed windows. It seems quite expensive though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so so good. I'm so desperate for one!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...