Saturday 29 January 2011

Book preview : video trailer for The Undrowned Child and The Mourning Emporium



Just over a year ago, I read an enchanting book called The Undrowned Child by Michelle Lovric which I described as a crazy mixture of Harry Potter, The Little Mermaid and Cloverfield ! You can read my review here. I loved the curry-quaffing mermaids who speak in sailor-speak punctuated with archaic oaths and the detailed descriptions of Venice.

I promised myself that I would buy the sequel, The Mourning Emporium, and use it in my lessons because the follow-up novel is based in London. Then - slapped wrists ! - I forgot all about it. Oops !

But the lovely author, Michelle Lovric, has just sent me a fabulous video trailer for both books and reminded me so I'll definitely have to hunt out a copy now.

You can watch the video on you tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4_nYiYVMa8) or I'll hopefully manage to embed it below. Happy viewing and hopefully reading !


Other reviews you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...