Saturday 15 January 2011

Mind & More plant-based Omega 3 capsules


As soon as I hear the words "Omega 3", I instantly think "fish oil" and unfortunately, that often translates into a decidedly dodgy fishy-fruity combination of flavours for Omega 3 supplements ! I was therefore really intrigued when I was contacted about receiving a sample pack of Mind & More Omega 3 capsules to test, because they are 100% plant based. I didn't even know that was possible !

The manufacturers explain : "Mind & More is 100% plant-based, so it’s safe for pregnant and breast-feeding mothers. It provides a safe alternative to fish-based Omega 3 supplements for expectant mothers who want to boost their baby’s brain development but are worried about mercury levels and oceanic contamination found in some fish. Mind & More Omega 3 contains DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), which is the key Omega 3 ingredient that has been shown to support a healthy pregnancy and the development of the baby’s brain, eyes and nervous system."

The DHA is harvested from marine plants, an all-natural, sustainable plant source that does not deplete ocean resources and that is suitable for vegetarians. Each capsule contains 200mg of DHA which helps maintain health and function of brain, heart and eyes. Children over the age of 5 can also take Mind & More, as Omega 3 can help boost a child’s concentration at school.

The capsules are easy to swallow with a sip of water at your main meal and - hooray ! - don't have an unpleasant fishy aftertaste. I haven't noticed any startling improvement in my health since I've started taking them but prevention is better than cure and they're certainly doing me no harm !

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £9.99 for a one month supply of  30 capsules

available from Holland & Barrett stores

Other reviews you may be interested in :


4 comments:

  1. Looks interested.I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like fish very much so these are perfect for me. I have been worrying lately about my baby not getting enough Omega 3, now I can relax knowing that I'm doing something about it. Quite pricey for a month's supply, but you can't put a price on peace of mind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was on HRT and was suffering from what was diagnosed as ocular migranes and was given the option to stop taking HRT. I am now taking supplements and was advised by a holland and barret consultant to include omega 3 mind and more as this will also help with regulating your hormones.One thing i do notice is that my vision has improved as I haven't needed to wear my glasses for close work and reading. Would recommend

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...