Thursday 21 October 2010

Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Mascara

I get to review lots of lovely things on this blog for babies and children but this time, it's one for the mums - yay ! I've been selected to be a Rimmel London VIP so that I can receive lots of goodies and tell you all about them so look out for more in the coming months.

When the mascara arrived, I thought it looked nice enough - very sleek with its black and shimmery greeny-gold packaging - but nothing particularly mind-blowing or different. But the impressive bit is when you read the write-up. As well as just coating your eyelashes to make them look thicker and longer like most normal mascaras, this one actually enhances the natural growth of your lashes so that they really become longer and stronger by themselves. For busy overstretched mums who barely have five minutes in the bathroom most days, that is an absolute Godsend.

Mike pointed out that it was actually a really bad marketing ploy to create a mascara that gives you luscious lashes that mean you won't have to buy it any more but he's a man, what does he know ?! I've been using it for the last few weeks,which is already an exploit for me as I hardly ever have time in the morning to put make-up on. It's really user-friendly and avoids all the usual time-wasting mascara-problems like clumps of mascara on the ends of lashes, groups of lashes fused together, a gunky clogged-up wand or "spider eyes". It just takes a couple of swipes and you have natural-looking but longer and thicker lashes. For a natural look, one coat is enough but if you're off on a night out and want to glam up your look a bit, an extra coat will give you really impressive volumised lashes.

After a few weeks, I can definitely see the difference in my lashes "au naturel" before I apply the mascara. They are definitely looking thicker and longer which I'm really impressed with. According to Rimmel, lashes should look 80% longer after the first application and up to 117% longer after 30 days. I can't be that precise but I can tell you that I can see the difference. I'm also impressed with how easy it is to remove at the end of the day with a quick swipe of eye makeup remover.

I wasn't expecting to be really impressed, thinking it was just a load of hype, but I have to admit that it genuinely does work. If you are constantly bemoaning your sparse lashes, give it a go and you should see a difference within a few weeks. If you still need convincing, it might help to know that Rimmel’s Lash Accelerator won the award for Best Mascara launch at the Pure Beauty Awards 2010.

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £8.99
Other reviews you may be interested in :

1 comment:

  1. I've never used it after reading the review , I want to try it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...