Sunday 10 October 2010

Brother Max 'Extra Hand' Bath Sponge


I've said it so many times on this blog but all the best baby and child products are invented by real mums and dads because they're the only ones who know exactly which problems need solving. Well, the welcome message on the Brother Max website sounds promising : "My name's Jonathan. I used to design cars, bikes and washing machines. Then I became a Dad and my world changed overnight. I soon realised how much of a juggling act being a parent can be, and how precious time is. I began thinking about how to make everyday tasks simpler and less time consuming. This is the result: a range of products designed to help get things done more quickly and easily so that babies, toddlers and their parents can spend more time doing the fun stuff. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do. " Well, let's find out, shall we?!


I was sent two products to try out, the first of which is this clever 'extra hand' sponge that fits on your hand like a glove so that you have one les thing to juggle when you're trying to wash a wriggly, slippery baby. When I first saw the picture, I thought there were white possibly plastic bits in the ends of the finger grooves but - and it's obvious when you look closely - they are actually holes, so even if you have really long fingers or big hands, the sponge will still mould around your hand because your fingers can stick out of the ends.

Compared to the usual bath mitts that I have used up until now, I have to say that I found the sponge more comfortable and easier to manipulate to get Pierre washed all over. Juliette also loved the idea and thought it was great fun so she squirted on some shower gel and had a proper wash all by herself without me needing to nag once. Definitely a bonus.

I would have liked the sponge to feel even softer but neither Pierre nor Juliette made any fuss or complained about it feeling at all scratchy so it must just be me. It's a bit of a gimmick so I wouldn't class it as an absolute baby essential but it does make bathtime easier, possibly safer and more fun, which is already pretty good in my opinion.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £3.99

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Earth Friendly Baby Organic Mandarin Bubble Bath

Tinti - Bathtime fun for kids

Method baby - Squeaky Green bubbly bath

Morrck Splasha Beach/Bath/Swim Wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...