Saturday 30 October 2010

Milton Antibacterial Surface Spray & Wipes



When Milton got in touch to ask if I'd like to review some of their products, my initial reaction was to say no because I've gone past the sterilising babies' bottles stage. But then I had a look at their website and was amazed at the wide range of products that they produce, not just for babies but for all members of the family and the home. They still do the iconic sterilising fluid and tablets that most parents will be aware of, even if they've never actually used them, but they also have hand sanitizing gel, antibacterial fabric solution and - the products we chose to review - antibacterial surface spray and wipes.


Now, I now that wipes are very naughty things to use because they produce a lot of non-essential waste and are much less environmentally friendly than reuseable cloths but sometimes, they are just so handy that I'm willing to overlook this aspect ! For example, when I urgently need to clean up a runny poo that has just leaked out of Pierre's nappy all over his changing mat and I only have one hand and about 30 seconds before he wees all over me (or worse !), a wipe is just what is needed ! Knowing that Milton are experts in sterilising and bug-busting, I feel much more reassured using one of their antibacterial surface wipes than the usual baby wet wipe out of the pack on the changing table.

The wipes are fragrance-free and alcohol-based and the great thing is, the surface dries within seconds leaving no trace, greasy streaks or stickiness. There's no need to rinse and they are totally biodegradable which makes me feel slightly better about the environmental issues. They are clinically proven to be effective against bacteria and fungi, but they are also great at removing chocolate, yoghurt, milk and anything else that little fingers can wipe all over the house !

The surface spray is my weapon of choice (against the germs, not the other members of the family !) in the kitchen. According to the Milton website, it is "clinically proven to kill a wide range of bacteria and fungi, including those that cause food poisoning such as E Coli, Listeria, Salmonella and Candida Albicans, the fungus that causes thrush." I love using it as the finishing touch after I've cleaned the grime that you can see, to make sure that I also remove the germs that you can't see but that are potentially more harmful. On hard-to-clean surfaces like wooden chopping boards or permanently grubby-looking grouting behind the sink, I'm never really convinced they're clean so this is a great product for setting my mind at rest. It's also perfect for cleaning off the highchair to make sure no nasty bugs are lingering waiting to make Pierre sick.

After using the fragrance-free wipes, I assumed the spray would be the same but it actually has a lovely fragrance that is not at all clinical and reminds me of Cherry Tunes ! It may not get the cooked-on grease off your hob within seconds like powerful grease-busting kitchen sprays but it will get rid of any nasty bacteria that are lurking around and that's even more important in my eyes !

star rating : 5/5

RRP : spray £2.24 for 500ml, wipes £2.24 for 30


Other reviews you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...