Friday 15 October 2010

Palmolive Soft & Gentle Deodorant


One of the downsides of being a teacher is having to put up with the nasty niffs in the air at the end of the day ! For the last few days, as I've been moving around the room leaning over the shoulders of various pongy teenagers who've just been running around the sports field, I keep getting a sudden burst of an altogether more pleasant fragrance and I've been wondering who's been wearing lovely perfume to school. Then I realised - it's me ! I've been trying out some of the new Soft & Gentle deodorants and I've been trailing the gorgeous scent around the room with me !

I have to admit, I've always thought of Soft & Gentle as being an efficient but rather boring range of deodorants. I haven't used them for years and, while they always kept me dry and fresh, the fragrances were pleasant enough but nothing that really bowled me over. Well, the new range of nine gorgeous fragrances have total wow-factor. Palmolive polled over 4,000 women to ask them what they really want out of their deodorant then expert perfumers Firmenich used a combination of science and art, along with their pallette of over 3,000 scents, to come up with some really impressive, feminine and striking new fragrances. 

The deodorants come in the following nine perfumes, all of which are designed to influence the wearer's mood. As the people at Palmolive say :

Drive tension away with Anti-Stress Aromatherapy Lavender & Patchouli

Turn heads with Sensual Aromatherapy Wild Rose & Vanilla

Revitalise your senses with Refresh Frozen Coconut & Peach

Pamper yourself with Kind To Skin Soft Jasmine & Coco Milk

Stay fresh with Extra Dry Linen & Wild Cornflower

Banish marks with Anti White Marks Verbena & Waterlily

Revive yourself with Extra Fresh Lotus & Watermelon

Be ready for anything with Body Responsive Passion Flower & Black Orchid

Gently protect with Sensitive Almond Milk & Honeysuckle

The first fragrance that I tried was the Refresh Frozen Coconut & Peach which gave me a real blast from the past because it instantly reminded me of The Body Shop Fuzzy Peach perfume that I used to spritz about all the time when I was a teenager in the 80's ! I love putting this on first thing in the morning to kick-start my day and instantly wake up my brain and put a smile on my face before I head out of the door.

 I also tried Body Responsive Passion Flower & Black Orchid which is a feminine, sultry scent that reminds me of perfume or body spray more than a deodorant. This was the scent that I smelt most frequently throughout the day, which I would think must be down to to the body responsive technology reactivating it.

Both deodorants left me feeling totally dry with no irritation or stinging and, importantly, absolutely no white residue on my skin or clothes. The whole range also contains soybean oil which helps to keep your skin soft (and gentle ?!). They also didn't leave a nasty feeling of wetness that some deodorants give straight after application.

Palmolive Soft & Gentle is available in three sizes : a handy 50ml roll-on, a handbag-friendly 150ml spray and a stay-at-home 250ml spray. With a choice of formats but more importantly fragrances to suit all tastes, you're sure to find the perfect deodorant to fit your personality and lifestyle. The sophisticated, surprising fragrances have certainly made me change my mind about a deodorant brand that I considered decidedly no-nonsense and frumpy up until now.

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £2.49 for the 250ml sprays

Other reviews you may be interested in :





2 comments:

  1. where can I buy the linen and wildcornflower deodourant, I have tried everywhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you phone or email Palmolive from their website, they'll be able to help you with stockist info. This review is from a couple of years ago though so I wouldn't be surprised if it's been discontinued.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...