Saturday 23 October 2010

New Tesco Super Fit nappies

Tesco has recently revamped and re-launched their Super Fit nappies. They say that they are now improved, being slimmer, lighter and with less bulk between the legs. They also say that they use a new ultra absorbent Maxi Dry technology to protect against leaks whilst offering maximum freedom and comfort for babies. 

I've been following numerous discussions on online parenting forums where many mums have been up in arms, saying that Tesco Super Fit nappies were the best nappies available so any "improvements" could only be a change for the worse. Basically, it's the old "if it ain't broke don't fix it" argument.

Having never used the old style Tesco Super Fit nappies, I can't compare the old and new designs but, as this is baby number three, I have used a lot of different nappies in my time so I was keen to see how the Tesco ones fared.

The pack was easy to rip open to get the nappies out - I hate the packs that are really difficult to get into when you have a wriggly baby and you've only just noticed that the old pack is empty so you have to try to get into it one-handed ! The nappies look just like most of the other nappies we've used with the same cute pictures on the waistband. They are relatively thin but no more so than many other brands I've tried and, in my experience, thickness isn't necessarily a sign of how absorbent the nappy is. Think about all those sanitary protection adverts on TV - they all say that they've made the products thinner while maintaining the absorbency so I was still confident they'd do the job !

We were using size 4 nappies and they fit perfectly on 15-month-old Pierre. The velcro tabs allowed a snug but not overly tight fit and the nappies stayed in place well, despite Pierre crawling all over the place. Out of the whole pack of 26 nappies, we had two which leaked overnight after Pierre had done a very copious and runny poo (sorry if you're eating breakfast !) - the trials and tribulations of having a teething baby ! This is absolutely no worse than the pack of nappies we'd used before which were "premium" big brand nappies - I don't think anything can really cope with toxic teething-time poos !! Pierre did have some nappy rash but, as I've mentioned, he is teething so he had a nasty red rash before we started using the Tesco nappies and it actually cleared up while we were using them so they can in no way be blamed for that.

A huge plus point is the price which, as you would expect, is a lot cheaper than the big brands. Prices vary depending on the size but range from £3.99 for 32 midi size in a Carry Pack to £6.49 for an Economy Pack of 40 Junior Plus size. For a product that does the job just as well as the more expensive brands, that's a great saving - especially when you consider how many nappies the average baby gets through !

Having never tried the old style nappies, I can't say whether the parenting forum comments are justified or not but I personally was very impressed with the quality and performance of the new Tesco Super Fit nappies and will happily continue to use them.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : see instore, depends on size/quantity

for more information : see instore

Other reviews you may be interested in :



1 comment:

  1. Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I in finding It really useful
    & it helped me out a lot. I am hoping to present something back and aid others like you helped me.


    My blog post :: Www.gaslogfiresmelbourne.com (hpheadquarter.com)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...