Wednesday 26 October 2011

This year’s national Winter Carbon Monoxide – Be Alarmed! campaign

I know I've posted this information in the past but it's such an important issue that I wanted to feature this year's annual winter campaign too. Look out for a fabulous giveaway later in the week where I will be be giving away TEN Ei204 Carbon Monoxide alarms.



Ei Electronics supports national Carbon Monoxide campaign.

Ei Electronics – UK market leader of domestic Carbon Monoxide alarms – is once again supporting this year’s national Winter Carbon Monoxide – Be Alarmed! campaign, aimed to reduce the number of deaths and injuries caused by Carbon Monoxide.

With 16.4 million households at risk by not having an audible alarm, this years’ campaign is set to reach more people than ever before and has been designed to ensure people understand the dangers of Carbon Monoxide and the importance of protecting themselves with an audible alarm.

Carbon Monoxide is a highly poisoness gas that has no colour, taste or smell. Fuel burning appliances such as stoves, fires, boilers and water heaters can produce Carbon Monoxide if they are incorrectly fitted, badly repaired or poorly maintained or if flues, chimneys or vents are blocked.

What are the symptoms?






Loss of consciousness

How can I protect myself and others?

Make sure all fuel burning appliances are serviced annually by a registered and qualified engineer.

Never block chimneys, flues or air vents in any room where combustion appliances are used as Carbon Monoxide cannot escape and will flow back into the property, where it can build to dangerous levels.

Keep an eye on elderly or infirm neighbours

Fit an audible Carbon Monoxide alarm in every room in your home where you have gas.

The audible Ei204 Carbon Monoxide alarm from Ei Electronics, which carries the 3rd party approvals (EN52091) and Kitemark, is designed to audibly alert you to dangerous levels of Carbon Monoxide before tragedy strikes. Using proven electrochemical cell sensor technology, the Ei204 checks concentration every 50 seconds. In addition the portable Ei204 alarm requires no tricky wiring or maintenance and can be simply placed on a bedroom table or near to an appliance.

Each year at least 50 people die from carbon Monoxide poisoning and many more are injured but perhaps more shocking is the fact that many of these deaths may have been avoided with greater public knowledge and an alarm in place.
other blogposts you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...