Sunday 8 September 2013

This week's fruit & veg box 8/9


Well it's more of a fruit box than a veg box this week, which works well as I still have some veggies in the fridge left over from last week. I got a couple of interesting bits this week, most notably some prickly pears. They grow all over the place like weeds in Morocco so I'm looking forward to eating them to remind us of our recent holiday there! I also got some oranges, apples, pears, bananas, plums, two lettuces and a tray of peaches.


Summer is definitely giving way to autumn though because the sweetcorn farmer was there. He hands out raw bite-sized pieces for the kids to gnaw on and the Madhouse Mini-testers eat them like sweets so I bought six. I learnt that you can microwave them in their leaves, but I'm not sure that would work as well as boiling them - has anyone tried it?

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Moroccan recipe : Watermelon sorbet drink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...